Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pancakes


Pancakes are one of my most favourite things, for any time of day. Here is the recipe I use most often from my trusty, old, food-coated, Betty Crocker cookbook:

1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour or Whole wheat flour
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp veg. oil
1 Tbsp granulated sugar (with all-purpose flour) or 1 Tbsp brown sugar (if using Whole wheat flour)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt - I leave the salt out and they are just as tasty.
Beat egg until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional milk (according to the texture you like).
Use 1/4 cup measure to scoop out batter and pour onto hot griddle. Cook until puffed and dry around edges (I flip them as soon as bubbles appear and pop in the center). Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
Smother in maple syrup!



This little guy approves, especially with a touch of applesauce on top.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment