Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Good Dose of the Mondays

Mondays aren't so bad. They just push for getting things done. Laundry gets washed, rooms get tidied, and sometimes even a couple of fun things are accomplished. I love a good Monday.

I started a pair of pants for the munchkin out of an old thrifted sheet. Still need hemmed & a waistband. Won't take long though. I use this awesome tutorial regularly. It is so simple to do.



I squeezed in a little sewing time for myself, and whipped together this wristband that has been on my mind for a bit.



And finally, I made the Oat Bran Applesauce Muffins for the little guy from The Hospital For Sick Children: Better Baby Food cookbook.
They are pretty tasty. Very low sweetness level, and great fluffy texture. Perfect for a one year old.

Here is the recipe:
Oat Bran Applesauce Muffins
Age 12-18 months
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Grease, or paper-line a 12-cup muffin tin

1 1/3 C Whole wheat flour
1/2 C Oat bran
1/2 C Loosely packed brown sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/4 C Vegetable oil
1 C Applesauce
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 C Finely chopped raisins (optional)

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.

2. In another bowl, stir together oil, applesauce, and egg. Stir in raisins. Add applesauce mixture to dry
ingredients; stir just until moistened.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, or until muffins are firm to the
touch. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.

Per muffin: 133kcal, 2.8g Protein, 22.0g Carb, 4.7g Fat, 1.19mg Iron



Let's hope I get a good dose of the Tuesday's too, because I have a lot to accomplish since I used so much of my time yesterday for the fun stuff. I leave tomorrow to visit my family in Alberta for a week. Time to get organised!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment