Sunday, September 26, 2010

"New" Old Goodies

Rain comes down, air becomes chilly. Sun pops out, air gets crazy warm. Coat comes off, and the rain comes down...
So it went throughout today.

I felt sorry for the vendors at the Aberfoyle Antique Market, as many probably spent half their day covering and uncovering their furniture with big plastic sheets.

It was a very pleasant day still. I love browsing antiques. Like thrifting, everything you see is different (for the most part), and it becomes a challenge, or a game to find that perfect item.

Two brilliant finds found their way back to my house today.
The first was an old wash board which I have wanted for quite a while to hang in my laundry room.



The second was an old school house coat rack. It is quite heavy, which worries me about actually attaching it to the wall.



I am quite happy with my day's finds, and am now looking forward to squeezing in at least a full hour of sewing!
Must go take advantage of every moment!
xo

1 comment: