Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cloth Baskets



In the past week I stitched together these fabric "baskets" for the moms. SURPRISE!! (That was for the mamas). I love this project and have a list of people I want to make one for including myself.



It is quite a quick sewing project. A nice, open afternoon should about do it.
You can find it amidst January's projects in the 2011 sewing calendar.
The tutorial (by Joanna Armour) is also available online Here. The finished basket is 6 inches high and 11 inches across.

I'm just trying to decide what to put in them now. They'd make lovely gifts, holding a couple skeins of yarn and knitting needles or a set of crochet hooks.

I drew this bird template to create the applique for the grey basket.


*You are welcome to use this template for personal use

Here at Sew, Mama, Sew! is an excellent and very thorough tutorial on applique.

3 comments:

  1. They both look great! Can hardly wait to get mine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful. I HAVE to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to try sewing again so I can make one! They can be used for so much and they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete