Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TRAVEL TUESDAY: Armchair Traveller: Tim Tams

The Armchair traveller: Enjoying bits of the world in the comfort of your own home.

The TimTam is something special. Something so tasty we thought it had to stay in Australia where we found it. Had to remain a memory. And so, after excitedly discovering we could buy them here in Canada, and then declaring our allegiance to our Australian memory of it, we proceeded to pass it by, again and again and again.

As I am, once again, about to pass them by, with the memory so distant I think our decision may have been a silly one, I stand here staring them down and wonder "To buy or not to buy?..."



Aw YEAH!!!! TO BUY!!!



Anyone hear of the TIMTAM slam??
Nibble opposite corners of the chocolate biscuit to expose the wafer inside.



Use your biscuit as a straw and suck like crazy. Any hot bevvy will do.





Hurry up and pop that biscuit into your mouth before it totally disintegrates in your hand and you miss out on the whole beautiful thing!





Ahhhh, memories...
xo

9 comments:

  1. Oh yummy!! (Shame you have to pay so much for them though....)
    So glad you indulged...make new memories girl! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Tim Tam's and don't think we can get them in the States. Guess I really will have to move to Australia and just stop talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted this, because I just did this exact same thing last night! Its just a shame that Canada only sells two kinds of Tim Tams, not the 20 or so variety that Australia does! Ahhh memories!
    Hope you guys are doing well, miss you!
    xo Krystal and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan - They are expensive eh? I remembered them being really cheap in Aus. That was part of the evil draw to them! ;)

    Tracey - I read they are available at Target... Definitely worth a look!

    Krystal - It is SUCH a shame!! I was on the website and there are kinds I have never seen before - like a dark chocolate mint one... Oh so sad.
    Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so good! I discovered my hubby had secreted a bag away in the van...I might just need to search them out now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE TIMTAMSLAMS! Chocolaty Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we just had them, yummy, dad ate 2 [ mam]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you are so cute.

    1. move back here?
    2. I can send you some - for real!

    ReplyDelete