Monday, February 27, 2012

Mollie Makes...

It is my poor judgement, or "good taste", or both, that brings me to always favouring the much more costly, international magazines. Grrrr. They aren't always easy to find, a store will get one issue but not the next, a subscription costs 'an arm and a leg', and certain mags have a large percentage of info that simply does not apply in Canada (eg. gardening, permaculture, home design).
...And yet...
They are always the more attractive covers, more DIY, more beautiful photographs, and, not to mention, all the deliciously tempting items unavailable to you for purchase and often impossible to get (Perfect case in point). Ah yes, the unattainable, that must be the draw.

Anyway, once again, an extremely beautiful, slightly expensive magazine has revealed itself to me. I picked up a copy in Scotland for 4 pounds, and have found a couple older, random issues here (NOT 4 pounds).

The four words found on every cover - Making, Thrifting, Collecting, Crafting - Too perfect.

Remember this magazine? The one I could not justify spending the crazy amount of money required for a subscription? At the time I thought that no mag could justifiably cost this much... I was wrong.

I did it. I subscribed. My first (via mail) issue just arrived.


Yummy.

6 comments:

  1. Exciting! I'll have to look at them when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will! Now, WHEN are you coming to visit?!?! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I got 'off' magazines for awhile. As much as I'd go through them and find loads to do... I never 'did'. But I've recently gotten back into Canadian Living. Oh yes. The 'mom' magazine! But yours above are completely enviable! Good job, Janie! Have fun crafting. Man, I wish we lived closer. :D (not that we're time zones apart LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to make a deal (with myself) that I would buy NO More as long as I am getting this subscription. Unlikely, but I'll try!
      Hahaha You're so funny! ;) Canadian Living is great!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen that magazine before and it looks wonderful.
    I subscribe to Whole Living and Southern Living, that's it. It's always fun to see them pop up in the mailbox and it means a long soak in the tub for me that night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Whole Living! My sister-in-law has a subscription and often sends an issue my way when she's done with it (if I haven't already bought it!). Oh yeah, there is nothing like taking some time to yourself when a new issue comes in the mail!

      Delete