Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Airborn"


I expected to write a post about my difficulties in flying solo with two little boys last Thursday.
I expected to share a tale of tears, exhaustion, and a possible breakdown (mine).
I, at the very least, expected to share a tale of a flight attendant desperately trying to keep a wriggly babe happy whilst his mama changes big brother in the teeny on-board toilet.



3 hours and 40 minutes in the air, and a blissful (aside from the crazy back and arm pain that comes with holding 23 pounds for that length of time) 3 hours of it saw Owen snoozing, Levi viewing two cartoons, becoming bored, and happily opting instead for snacks and cloud watching.

My two babes never cease to amaze. I am a thoroughly spoiled mama.

It was a feat, mind you, to squeeze into that toilet. Big brother stood patiently next to me while I changed little brother. Then little brother sat in the very corner of the change table while Levi lay across it (half hanging off) while I changed him. No complaints from the little ones, only giggles at the crowdedness of the situation and we, all three, had a happy little chance to stretch our legs.



I can only say that these two boys, at no fault or feat of my own, were born to travel.


1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad to hear it all went smoothly. They are the bestest!

    ReplyDelete