Thursday, November 15, 2012

Granny Squares


After a couple of squares, years apart; the odd start, stop, and unravel; and a final pull toward just starting something (anything!) creative, I finally put hook to yarn and started making granny squares.

Initially, my intent was partially unknown - meaning would I just keep making more and more, until I had sufficient numbers for a blanket? But no. These lovelies want to be a cushion, so a cushion they will be.


It took about 3 squares before I could stop referring to how-to's, and now it's smooth sailing. The best bit? A cushion is super quick! I've only about 6 more squares to do, and then it's just joining them together. Yay! For once, I'm not going for the huge lifer of a project.

XO

*The pattern I'm using is from Mollie Makes Magazine, Issue #13

3 comments:

  1. LOVE them Janie! I can't wait to see it all together. They are going to make a beautiful cushion.

    ReplyDelete