Monday, December 17, 2012

Favourite Children's Christmas Books

Just thought I'd share a few of our favourite reads this Christmas season:

 



"As dry leaves, that before the wild hurricane fly, 
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew
With a sleigh full of toys, and St.Nicholas, too."
~ Clement C. Moore

I LOVE those first two lines.
 I have been hearing those lines, this story, every Christmas Eve for my entire life. My brother's and I would cosy up next to my Dad while he would first read to us from the Bible about the very first Christmas, and then The Night Before Christmas. Our family copy of The Night Before Christmas was identical to the one above, only I picked up my copy at a thrift store. 
This Christmas Eve tradition is definitely one my husband and I will carry on with our kids. 

On that note, 1 week until Christmas Eve!
I hope you're able to take things slow, and just enjoy. 
XO


2 comments:

  1. So many cute Christmas books. Simple traditions make such great memories for kids. I hope you are taking it slow and enjoying. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Suppose I should take my own advice - and you too! I know how we work... ;)
      I am taking it slow, actually. I've pretty much been doing nothing but sitting around and crocheting. xo

      Delete