Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sewing For A Three Year Old





Always, when I am sewing, or knitting, or crocheting, my 3 year old wants to get involved. He really wants to make his own of whatever I'm up to. For a long time, I have planned to get him his own sewing needle (a big, blunt, wool needle),  but I wasn't sure how, exactly, I would get him using it. Thank you, Amanda! When this post popped up on Soulemama it was too perfect! It was exactly how I could and would get him involved.

My little guy is so proud of his new skill.
"Daddy, I was sewin'. I was just sewin' with my sewin' hands. But not with mommy's big sewin' machine."

What a treat to see him intently stitching away at his little piece of art. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! And an idea I might have to try.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can just hear him saying that, so cute! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete